Navigation Menu

Dystopian World

              My first ever dystopian book and I loved it. It reminds me of Harry Potter and The Hunger Games together. Ms. Erica and Mr.Aron did wonderful together by writing this amazing piece of fiction. If you haven't yet please buy a copy and read it for yourself.


                                               Whisperworld by Erica Lindquist

                                                Author- Aron Christensen & Erica Lindquist
                                                Title- Whisperworld
                                                Year-2014
                                                Ratings-4.29/5 (Goodreads)
                                                Chapters-28
                                                Pages-233 
                                                My Rating-4.9/5
                                                Genre-Dystopian
                                                Format-Paperback
    


                                  Synopsis- Sandstorms have ravaged the earth, and dark, mysterious Stormspheres protect the few remaining cities. While Gardeners tend the precious spheres, their Blackthumbs maintain the peace. But for Blackthumb Julia Reed and her partner Zach Dias, Angel City's peace has shattered. Someone's murdered a Gardener, and the Blackthumbs' search for his killer takes them from Angel City's crumbling skyscrapers to the salt flats of the Pacific Desert. But what they find out there goes far beyond a simple murder. All across the world, the Stormspheres are failing and the cities are falling. Julia and Zach may have just discovered why. They can save Angel City – but first they have to save themselves.


                                                          

                                                      

                                 Summary-Julia and Zach are Blackthumbs who are kind of police agents. I loved this story because it showed a passion from Julia and I like. It shows she's hardcore but she has a soft side to her life. In the beginning of the book it made me sad to see that (SPOILER ALERT) that they could have more than 2 children in a household family.

  

                                      It was a amazing twist that I enjoyed and it got very suspenseful. I was on the tip of my toes scared to see what was waiting to happen next. For my first time reading a dystopian book I really enjoyed the experience. It reminded me of of Harry Potter because of Greenguards. I would love to see a sequel to the book.  


                               

                                     The author style of writing was a (5/5) it was just like a episode of "Pretty Little Liars".(WARNING FOR SOME VIEWERS DON'T READ AFTER DARK) The characters were very lively and not dull. I'm not giving to much spoilers but it was a story that I cannot forget. This shows love, and not to be afraid for who you are and what you do. Many young teens and adult should reads this book to be bold, be you, and be yourself. This story was touching to me in my heart and I actually teared up. Read this book it will open up your eyes to life and beauty. Don't read any reviews on Goodreads until you picked it up. 

                                   Book cover was a (5/5). I love the aspect of the moon on the cover. The message of the story was memorable and I would share it to my peers, friends, and colleagues. I like the friendship between the characters because they were very close and shared a good chemistry between one another. I would reread this book in the near future and discuss this in my book-club. 


                                                                                         Q & A With Ms. Erica



What was your inspiration on the book?
Tried and trite but true: a dream. It's not a common inspiration for me, but in this case, it was actually an honest to goodness dream I had in college. I dreamed of being a caretaker for this huge, eerie black sphere. I knew there was something inside, but I didn't know what it was.
I had this dream many years before I ever wrote my first book. It stuck with me for a long time and went through many incarnations. Before I started writing, I briefly considered making it into a RPG video game. Eventually, it took on its current form.

How long did it take to write?
That's a sort of complicated question. I started Whisperworld TWICE before Aron and I hammered out the draft that we eventually published. Originally, Julia was a little girl in the care of the Gardeners (who were called something else) who suddenly manifested psychic power when an assassin burst into her home and murdered Byron, her adoptive father. There was a male Whitefinger (then called Nomads) named David and an aged thief by the name of Thaddeus.
But both versions of the book just were not working, so I scrapped them. Annoyed, I wondered if I would EVER get this book done. It wasn't until the third time around, when we remained Julia as basically a cop and invented Zach, her partner, that the story finally gelled enough to write the whole thing.


Was it difficult writing this book?
Yes and no. The failed attempts were pretty frustrating. But once we got this version off the ground, it was a breeze. Of course, I may be saying that because Aron wrote the first draft on Whisperworld. This was my first time being the coauthor on a project.

Where did you get your ideas from?
We took a lot of inspiration from books like Dreamsnake, The Dark Tower, The Stand, the Priest manga and other post-apocalyptic books.

Was it easy to write your book with Mr. Aron?
It was wonderful. As I said before, this was our first time writing a book in which Aron wrote the first draft. I came in behind him to clean up, reorganize dialog and rewrite prose.
Aron is a writing machine, we discovered. He wrote the entire first draft of Whisperworld in 15 days. It took me a considerably longer time to make my alterations. But it was a ton of fun.

Have you written other books?
Yes! Whisperworld is our 11th book. We've written 5 novels now (In the House of Five Dragons, The Reforged Trilogy & Whisperworld), 2 non-fiction guides to running table-top RPGs, a 3-book series of an occult noir serial (The Dead Beat) and one short story collection (Forged – it fits into the Reforged books). There were also a pair of other short story collections (Fireflies & In Odder Words), but those are out of print now.





                                                              Order A Copy Here
                                                                          Amazon

                                                                
                                                                More about the book
                                                                         Goodreads

                                                       

                  DISCLAIMER: I WAS CONTACTED TO DO A REVIEW OF THIS BOOK 

0 comments: