Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Roll Models

     In this heartwarming novel by Ms. Rebecca Qualls explains that everyone goes through struggles in life and that we can overcome them. The first couple of pages where good, I could hardly put it down.


                                   
Author- Rebecca Qualls
Title-Distressed
Year Release-2013
Ratings- 4.75/5 (Goodreads)
Chapters-43
Pages-337
My Ratings-4/5
Genre-Fiction
Format-Paperback



Summary- Officer Driscoll Parks is facing many obstacles in life such as his career and his marriage.  His wife Alex tries her very hardest to try and save there marriage by reaching out and settling there difference, but its very hard because of Driscoll's stubbornness. 


Officer Driscoll has a lot of things on his mind and plate.  He tries to bundle up all his emotion by hiding his pain and keeping everything to himself. His wife Alex tries very hard in her ability to be supportive, be understanding, and be caring. 

I can relate to Officer Driscoll because, I myself don't always like opening up and telling how I really feel. I tend to put a smile on my face and act like everything is peachy and fine. What I like about this book is that it includes reality and shows we are not perfect. 

As humans, we do make mistakes and just because you ask for help doesn't make you weak at all. Its never easy hiding you emotions because your not being 100% true to yourself or the person that wants you to open up to them.

As a police officer Driscoll has seen very traumatic things in his life and I can understand the nightmares and not everyone can stomach that. However, I didn't like that Driscoll was lying to himself and to his wife (but that is reality) Cheers to you Ms. Rebecca because I loved this book and I will recommend it to friends of mine.

I really felt life in this book and I learned a lot from this book that was wise and a good way to learn. I didn't know much about PTSD if it wasn't for you ( Ms. Rebecca) and I am happy to hear your husband wasn't alone. There are many people afraid of doing what you and your husband did and I think that his roll model material and you for opening up and sharing his story.


If you want to order the book

The authors website/ more about the book


Picture of the author

DISCLAIMER- I REQUESTED TO DO A REVIEW ON THIS BOOK VIA CONTACTING THE AUTHOR.
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment