Navigation Menu

The Edison's Effect


                      My first every mystery- science fiction and it wasn't bad. It was FANTASTIC. Ms. Bernadette Pajer what an amazing author and now one of my favorite authors. I didn't know there were so many wonderful things about this book. I would like to read more by this author.



Title- The Edison Effect: A Professor Bradshaw Mystery
        Author: Bernadette Pajer
    Year: September 2014
              Rating: 4.11/5 (Goodreads
Chapters:25
Pages:242
My Review:5/5
Genre:Mystery
Format:Paperback (ARC)




Inventor Thomas Alva Edison is also a ruthless businessman, intent on furthering his patents and General Electric and beating rivals like Nikola Tesla and Westinghouse. Edison has agents in place in Seattle but he’s come himself in pursuit of a mysterious invention lost in 1901 in Elliott Bay. When Edison asks for information, few refuse. But not University of Washington Professor Benjamin Bradshaw who’s earned a reputation as a private investigator where science—electricity—is concerned. Bradshaw hopes that the lost device, one conceived in anger by an anarchist and harnessed for murder, will elude Edison’s hired divers. 


MY REVIEW


So in all Thomas Edison is accused of a muder that took place the morning of December 1903 (my birthday month). In this book there are so many twist and turns you don't know what to expect. 

I loved the storyline and it was quiet believable. I love Thomas Edison and how he was put into this story was amazing (5/5). It wasn't just an average story it was more than that. 

I could believe what the author was saying. It wasn't at all drag and over descriptive that I couldn't imagine the story myself. I love that she put in a little humor in the book and it kind a felt like many lifetime crime movies which was impeccable.

I would reread this again and encourage friends to give this a try. I love the synopsis of the story because I love Thomas Edison. He is a very brilliant man and I wish I (would/could) invent something like he has. The cover of the book is (5/5)

This writer has talent and if you didn't get a copy of this book do it now. It won't disappoint you one bit.

I recommend you read this book in October. Not a long book at all but it took me a while because of test and quizzes. It would really make my day to meet Ms. Bernadette.

I also like the little romance in the book which was between Missouri (one of my favorite characters ) and how she is a strong , hardworking lady.  

Special Thanks

Special thanks to Ms. Tiffany White, Ms. Bernadette, and Poisoned Pen Press Company.
Thanks for giving little old me the chance to read you book.

 I would love to work with you all in the future and I would like to do a q&a (question and answer) with the author if I'm not asking for to much :). Thanks to all eyes that read my review and I cannot explain how grateful I am






The Author
Ms. Bernadette Pajer

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review,Shanae, and for introducing the Professor Bradshaw series to your readers. I'd be happy to do a Q&A.

    ReplyDelete