Saturday, November 15, 2014

♠♠Rare Birds by Anna Whiston-Donaldson♠♠


Title:Rare Birds
Author:Anna Whiston-Donaldson
Year:©2014
My Rating:★★★★★
Pages224
Genre:Fiction;Faith
Format:ARC;Paperback
Soures:Email sent to me
Publishers:Convergent






                "ABOUT THE BOOK"

On an ordinary September day, twelve-year-old Jack is swept away in a freak neighbourhood flood. His parents and younger sister are left to wrestle with the awful question: How did God let this happen? How can we be happy again? They each fall into the abyss of grief in different ways. And in the day and months to come, they each find their faltering way toward peace.


          "MY REVIEW"

This book was heart breaking and touching. I really felt the moms pain and struggle of her lost. I don't know what I would have done. At times the mom's character annoyed me but at the end she really pulled trough. The family seemed like a loving caring family which I think could have been changed to have a bit more realty instead of the family Ms.Anna wrote about. The mom was pushing herself away from everyone. At a time of lost I feel like you should be excepting all the love that comes your way whether you like them or not. I didn't like the swears, that where in the book. It began to get repetitive and that was a huge turn off on the book but that's not going to change my mind. Never the less I am satisfied with the story, settings, and other parts of the book. Well done Ms.Anna. I will say this was a tough read, because I don't know what I would do if I was the mom except cry day and night. Its a good book, that had such a meaningful lessen. 


       "ABOUT THE AUTHOR"


                                                  Anna Whiston-Donaldson is a popular blogger at An Inch of Gray.


Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment