Monday, December 29, 2014

Blog Tour Review: A League Of Her Own by Karen Rock






Title: A League of Her Own
Author: Karen Rock
Year: ©2014
My Rating: ♕♕♕♕/5
Pages: 377
Genre: Fiction
Format: Signed; Paperback
Sources: Lola's Blog Tour
Publisher: Harlequin





      ♤A League Of Her Own♤

He was attractive, talented…and way off limits. Heather Gadway may have been a world-class college pitcher and a top university coach, but she's a rank amateur when it comes to managing the Falcons, her father's struggling minor league team. And when it comes to managing her aggravating attraction to Garrett Wolf, their talented new pitcher. It's going to be difficult enough to make it as the first female manager in the league and prove to her overly critical father she's worthy. No distractions. No missteps. And certainly no romances with players. Everything stands between them—including their troubled pasts—even as Heather's world falls apart and Garrett's the one who's there to catch her… Romance, Baseball, Rivals to Lovers, Contemporary Romance




          ♡My Thoughts♡


I found "A League of Her Own" very romantic and loving. The chemistry between the characters were very lovely no complains so far. It wasn't a cheesy romantic books like what I have read in the past. It had more to it. I am very glad that I signed up to review this book because there was hardly anything wrong with what Ms. Rock wrote about. I felt as if the story-line could have been a bit more reliable and modern. Not saying this couldn't happen in real life but I would like to get more details that 99.9% could happen.




I like the romantic interest the two shared together. Heather was a bit irritating at times but lucky didn't make  it all that dramatic. There were some "pros" and "cons" about her life that I was kind on the fence about. At times when I wanted "this or that" to happen it didn't. At some point there was only one thing I predicted right and it was the ending. No worries I won't spoil you but all I have to say is...............(???????) Ms. Rock wrote a very different book that I have never read and that's what I like.


I like to see different authors writing and pursuing there passion and I felt that in this book. The characters were a bit average at times, but they always did something that "WOWED" me at times. The job that Heather was given didn't bother me. It just showed that women can have unexpected jobs you think they can't (have/handle). The suspense given about the two would make your heart melt.



It made me think on how tiny the Grinch's heart was, but then slowly got bigger when he found the true meaning of what mattered the most. Reading this was odd because I kept thinking that I was watching baseball (which I don't) but it shows you like the saying "love comes in the weariest shape and form". Without that saying I truly had such a blast reading this book. No regrets. A few minor complains, but nothing to dramatic.


Any other stories like this, you know my blog. I would be happy enough to read since I thought this was a good read.


           ☆Karen Rock☆



Since Karen Rock’s grandmother passed her shopping bagfuls of Harlequin Presents as a teen, it’s been her dream to add her voice to the Romance genre. Now an author of YA contemporary romance, such as the CAMP BOYFRIEND series and Adult contemporary romance for Harlequin’s latest contemporary line, Heartwarming, Karen is thrilled to pen wholesome, tender, deeply romantic stories that all can relate to. When she’s not busy writing, Karen enjoys watching anything starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, cooking her Nona’s family Italian recipes, and occasionally rescuing local wildlife from neighborhood cats. She lives in the Adirondack Mountain region with her husband, her very appreciated beta-reader daughter and two King Charles Cavalier cocker spaniels who have yet to understand the concept of “fetch,” though they know a lot about love.
Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely review and for hosting me on your wonderful site! Wishing you a Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. Thank you so much and same to you.

    ReplyDelete