Navigation Menu

"Book Review of" Burnt Edges by Dana Leipold





Title: Burnt Edges
Author: Dana Leipold
Year: ©2014
My Rating: ☆☆☆☆
Pages: 229
Genre: Fiction
Format: Paperback
Sources: Juniper Grove Book Solution
Publishers: Random Chick Publishing










                                             "Synopsis"


Abuse or an uncertain future. This is Laurel Lee Page’s choice when she is faced with an unplanned pregnancy at 19. Born into a broken family, all she has ever known is guilt and shame. No matter what she does or who she meets, Laurel appears to be living a condemned life but she is determined to find independence and freedom in spite of her family’s legacy of hatred and self-contempt. Can Laurel see that she is in a powerful position, poised to break the cycle of abuse? Set in Southern California during the tumultuous 1960s era, Burnt Edges is based on true events and proves that strength can be found even in the most horrific situations.


         "My Thoughts"


Storyline: (5/5) no complains. 
Character: I really felt sorry for Laurel. It made me visually imagine how she felt. If an author can do that he/she really "WOWED" me.
Mood: I never lost interest but I felt as if some more details could have been added to make more suspense. I hope there's a book #2 because "Burnt Edges" is one of the best books that I read in 2014.
Writing Style: The storyline was very impeccable and I just fell in love. I found that every word was nicely put into place that I could tell the tone, mood, and climax.
Captivation: This book was very captivating. I never lost interest and I found the storyline very believable. It made me stay up late last night to figure out the ending on what Ms. Dana has in stored for you and me.


         "Dana Leipold"


Abuse or an uncertain future. This is Laurel Lee Page’s choice when she is faced with an unplanned pregnancy at 19. Born into a broken family, all she has ever known is guilt and shame. No matter what she does or who she meets, Laurel appears to be living a condemned life but she is determined to find independence and freedom in spite of her family’s legacy of hatred and self-contempt. Can Laurel see that she is in a powerful position, poised to break the cycle of abuse? Set in Southern California during the tumultuous 1960s era, Burnt Edges is based on true events and proves that strength can be found even in the most horrific situations.

0 comments: