Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"Book Review of" Devils Music by Carly Orosz

Title: Devils Music
Author: Carly Orosz
Year: ©2014
My Rating: ☆☆☆☆☆
Pages: 702
Genre: Fanasty
Format: Paperback
Sources: Novel Publicly 
Plublishers: Logsine Labs Press








        

                                            "Synopsis"

Cain Pseudomantis leads a miserable life. Bound to the mortal world by a powerful spell no demon could hope to break, he must obey his human master’s every command or face harsh punishment. He finds solace in the rock music which he listens to when he isn’t running unsavory errands for his master. Then everything changes. While on a mission in a seedy section of 1980s Los Angeles, Cain impulsively buys an electric guitar and discovers an unusual talent for music, a talent that catapults him to hair metal stardom. With three superpowered human band mates and his beautiful girlfriend Michelle by his side, his life starts to look a lot better. But Cain soon finds that even rock stars have troubles. The crusading televangelist Nathaniel Breen—who happens to be Michelle’s father—accuses him of turning the city’s youth to Satan worship. Meanwhile a mysterious killer known only as the Engineer terrorizes the Los Angeles rock scene with a series of brutal murders. When Cain and his friends attempt to unmask the killer, they discover a deadly secret that could cost Cain his hard-won freedom, and possibly his life.


            "My Thoughts"


Storyline: The storyline was impecable. It was well thought of and it had so much meaning and will power. This book opened uped my eyes not because of the beautiful cover, but whats inside. I could feel and understand the given concept of what the author wrote.

Characters: The characters were good but I wanteed to love them more. Don't get mee wrong but I just felt something missing and it kind of confused me on ehat until going back and making notes about how I felt could have been a little better.

Mood: My mood was very amused. I was afraid to blink because I didn't want to miss out anything. This book really had my attenion I was a little behind on my homework (SHHH......). Everywhere I went I made sure it came tagging along for about a week.

Writing Style: No complains about the writing style. It was well written and the writing spoke for itself.

Captivation: Seriously why would you ask a question like that 5/5.

                                             "Carly Orosz"



Carly Orosz lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan with her husband. She graduated from Kalamazoo College and went on to earn an MFA in poetry from Sarah Lawrence College. Her poetry has been published in Wavelength Journal and SpoutMagazine. In her spare time she enjoys cooking, weaving on a hand loom, and studying the art and cultures of pre-Columbian Mexico. She wrote her first novel, Devil Music, while listening to copious amounts of cheesy 80s hair metal.

Reactions:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining the tour, I really enjoyed your review style!
    If you have a minute to cross post your review to Amazon and/or Goodreads, that would be great, and if you email your links to myself or Emlyn, it’ll get you entered for an extra prize :)

    ReplyDelete