Navigation Menu

Book Review of "Lionhead" by Kris Noel

Title: Lionhead
Author: Kris Noel
Year: © 2012
My Rating: ★★★★/5
Pages: 385
Genre: YA Fantasy
Format: Paperback
Sources: Publishers
Publishers: Neverland Publishing
          
     Lionhead (Lionhead, #1)












                                                                                                                      "✈Lionheads✈"


Thirteen-year-old Riley Bale has always been a monster. At least that’s how all the other kids have always treated her. After being plagued with a mysterious illness for much of her young life and living as an orphan with her two cold and distant older sisters, Riley has dealt with being bullied by becoming a bully herself.


During a violent after school attack, Riley learns she’s being protected by forces beyond her control. She is tested and then invited to attend Lionhead Shifter School, which she accepts on blind faith alone, along with the desire to understand where her parents came from before they disappeared. Once Riley arrives in Lionhead, she not only discovers her true identity as a shifter, but appears to fit right in with the other new kids.

Riley quickly realizes that everything is not quite what it seems. Amidst an unusual hatred that arises between the two teenage boys she’s become closest with, Oliver Preston and Ash Plum, she must learn why the small island community has previously disallowed outsiders for over a hundred years.

          "My Thoughts"


Writing Style: The writing style was a bit like "Harry Potter". It bugged me a bit but that wasn't the main focus of the book. I thought every word was good, but that doesn't mean I believe it.


Captivation: I was very captivated throughout the whole book except for the beginning. It was a bit slow but as I continued to read, I really liked this book. I liked the message within the book and it taught me a little bit more about friendship and love. There were simmilar parts of this that reminded me of "Harry Potter" that kind of made me (love/hate) the book. I felt as if that didn't make it unique.


Characters: Riley was such a good character. She is very strong character and was very believable. I liked her traits that she was given. She makes the whole story tie together as one which was intriguing. I liked that as you read along this book, you get to see Riley grows more and grows so much. Mrs. Telby wasn't a good add because it reminded me of "Harry Potter" when he figured out he was a wizard.

Plot: I really liked the plot but didn't love it. It was very believable and I loved the fantasy world that the author made. I felt if there could be more drama and suspense to make more discoveries and become determined to solve it or uncover it more. Other than that I had no other complains. Finding yourself is very important and I liked the fact that the author brong that into the book.

Favourite Line: "You two will see. Weird things are going to start happening, since we let all of you in. Not everyone needs the light to see."

Final Thoughts: Not a bad YA fantasy read. There were a fe minor details, but that doesn't mean its horrible. That's why it deserves ★★★★/5 stars.


          "Kris Noel"



I’m 26. I was born and raised in New Jersey, but I’m now living in Burbank, California. I went to Montclair State University, where I majored in Anthropology and minored in Film. I’m currently working on the sequel to Lionhead, Requiem, which should be released later this year.

0 comments: