Saturday, January 17, 2015

Blog Tour Book Review: Missing in Paradise by Larry Verstraete











Title: Missing Paradise
Author: Larry Verstrete
Year: © 2014 (November 3rd) 
My Rating:♕♕♕♕♕ /5
Pages: 142
Genre: YA: Mystery
Format: Paperback
Sources: Chapters by Chapters
Publishers: Rebelight Publishing Inc
ISBN: 0993939023
ISBN 13: 9780993939020

Price:

$9.99











                    ©Missing In Paradise©

Four months after Gramp’s mysterious death, Nate helps out at Gram’s garage sale. An eerie feeling, as if Gramps were reaching beyond the grave to send Nate a message, leads Nate to a box full of clues. A missing plane. A secret to keep. A map highlighting the route where Gramps died and the message, “Shipment #35-Gold.” Nate and his best friend, Simon, are convinced that Gramps was on a treasure hunt when he died. They’re just as convinced that Gram’s shifty next door neighbour, Fortier, is after the gold too. Nate and Simon sneak away on a Greyhound bus for the small town of Paradise where Nate is sure treasure awaits. Can they find the gold before Fortier gets his thieving hands on a treasure that rightfully belongs to Gramps? Larry Verstraete is an award winning author of 13 non-fiction books for young people. This is his first work of fiction.



                            ©My Thoughts©

This mystery book. Wow I am lost for words. I thought this was a pretty good book that I recommend. In this book we go along with Gramp's mysterious death. This is a good for you YA book lovers like me. It was so good I couldn't put it down. So much juicy details its hard to reveal any spoilers. The cover is so beautiful with the many images display such as the magnifying glass.



 It makes you a mini detective going along side. I enjoyed the characters and the humor they bought in the book. It was so lively and fun, Its not a boring slow book because everything just jumps out at you. Get ready to have a fun flit adventure and go along in this work of beauty. Verstraete is a good author and I must say I enjoy his writing style. You can imagine anything he writes clearly without any confusion, which I like because some books just have no meaning and you just cannot relate to. 






                   ©Larry Verstraete©


I was born in Winnipeg, Canada and live there still. After high school I went to university and worked towards degree in science and education. Eventually, I became a teacher, and over the years have taught the gamut from elementary school to university courses. Somewhere, in the middle of my teaching career, I dabbled in writing for others. The two interests, teaching and writing merged. It's hard to tell sometimes where one begins and the other ends.

As a youngster I loved books and read anything that I could get my hands on. I grew up in a pretty full household, and between my brother, four sisters and myself there weren’t many books to go around. The books we did have tended to be adult biographies, true adventures, collections of short articles about famous people or essays. I read them all, some two or three times. I think my love for adventure, science and history came from this early experience. My version of writer’s heaven is to be working on a project that contains elements of all three.
                    
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment