Navigation Menu

Book Review: Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan

Title: Echo
Author: Pam Muñoz Ryan
Illustration: Dinar Mirtalipova
Year: © 2015
My Rating: ♕♕♕♕♕/5
Genre: Middle Grade; YA
Pages: 592
My Format: ARC; Paperback
Sources: Publishers
Publishers: Scholastic Press
ISBN: 0439874025
ISBN 13: 9780439874021
On-Sale: February 24, 2015

Ebook Price: $19.99
Ages: 10-14
Grade: 5-9







                           ΩEchoΩ

Music, magic, and a real-life miracle meld in this genre-defying masterpiece from storytelling maestro Pam Muñoz Ryan. Lost and alone a forbidden forest, Otto meets three mysterious sisters and suddenly finds himself entwined in a puzzling quest involving a prophecy, a promise, and a harmonica. Decades later, Friedrich in Germany, Mike in Pennsylvania, and Ivy in California each, in turn, become interwoven when the very same harmonica lands in their lives. All the children face daunting challenges: rescuing a father, protecting a brother, holding a family together. And ultimately, pulled by the invisible thread of destiny, their suspenseful solo stories converge in an orchestral crescendo. Richly imagined and masterfully crafted, ECHO pushes the boundaries of genre and form, and shows us what is possible in how we tell stories. The result is an impassioned, uplifting, and virtuosic tour de force that will resound in your heart long after the last note has been struck.

                     
                       ΩMy ThoughtsΩ

So thanks to the publishing group I was provided with the uncorrected proof. This books was wonderful. As my first time reading Ryan's book, I was highly impressed. The ratings on goodreads did not shocked me because this is a great action packed adventure story. Its not suited for only middle grades but I highly recommend it you you YA book lovers. This book was very realistic and has memories that I enjoyed. This story is just like "The Phantom Tollbooth" which is a great adventure book. Even though this book was fairly long its a quick book when you sit down and relax. It will go by like a breeze.


The characters were such a joy to follow along on there adventure.  My favourite character was Mike. There was just something I liked about you. Imagining the setting awoken me to a great story I just had to share with you readers. My favourite chapter was 16. The graphical pictures were a great add even though I don't read books with pictures. Scholastic Press is a great imprint and thanks to them I have gotten to read a great book and share it with you in 2k15. Check this book out. You will not be disappointed and have fun reading this recommendation from me to you.


                       ΩPam Muñoz RyanΩ
A former teacher, she lives in Leucadia, California with her family. 

0 comments: