Navigation Menu

Book Review: I Am Jackie Robinson by Brad Meltzer

Title: I Am Jackie Robinson
Author: Brad Meltzer
Illustrator: Christopher Elipolos
Year: © 2015 (January 8th)
My Rating: ♕♕♕♕/5
Pages: 40
Genre: Children's Fiction
Format: Hardcover
Sources:  Penguin
Publishers: Dial
ISBN 13: 978-0-8037-4086-0

Price: 

$12.99 (US)
$14.99 (CA)







     ♧I Am Jackie Robinson♧  


Jackie Robinson always loved sports, especially baseball. But he lived at a time before the Civil Rights Movement, when the rules weren't fair to African Americans. Even though Jackie was a great athlete, he wasn't allowed on the best teams just because of the color of his skin. Jackie knew that sports were best when everyone, of every color, played together. He became the first black player in Major League Baseball, and his bravery changed African-American history and led the way to equality in all sports in America. This engaging series is the perfect way to bring American history to life for young children, providing them with the right role models, supplemementing Common Core learning in the classroom, and best of all, inspiring them to strive and dream.



          ♧My Thoughts♧


This, story is basically a great children's book. The storyline follows a famous African American baseball player "Jackie Robinson". I choose to read this book to my 2 year old brother. He was very captivated in the story along with my 5 year old sister. I think is a great book for teachers and young children every where. Its a wonderland flit with vivid drawings along with the words Meltzer wrote. I learned so much from this book even though my age differs from my sibling. This book taught my sister that the world has so many great role-models and I found that very important to instill in the younger generation of kids.




 That just proves to show that age is just a number. A well touch I might add to the book was the comic bubbles. It just made you go above and beyond what was written. This book opened up my eyes to a world I never knew of or thought to be there. Again, this was a great book about someone significant in history and while reading this fun book you are also educating yourself, or the people you read it too. I can now see why a lot of baseball fans look up to him. Not only because of his talent, but the type of person he was known to be. Read this fun factual book and this is highly recommended to not only baseball fans but "Jackie Robinson" fans.


         ♧Brad Meltzer♧    

        

Brad Meltzer is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Inner Circle, as well as the bestsellers The Tenth Justice, Dead Even, The First Counsel, The Millionaires, The Zero Game, The Book of Fate and The Book of Lies. He is also one of the co-creators of the TV show, Jack & Bobby—and is the Eisner Award-winning author of the critically acclaimed comic book, Justice League of America. His first non-fiction book, Heroes For My Son, is a collection of heroes – from Jim Henson to Rosa Parks -- that he’s been working on since the day his son was born and is on sale now. He is the host of Brad Meltzer's Decoded on the History Channel. And his newest thriller, The Inner Circle, is in bookstores now.

0 comments: