Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Book Review + Except : Nantucket Sawbuck: A Henry Kennis Mystery by Steven Axelrod

Title: Nantucket Sawbuck: A Henry Kennis Mystery
Author: Steven Axelrod
Year: © 2014 (January 7th)
My Rating: ♕♕♕♕/5
Pages: 250
Genre: Mystery
Format: Paperback
Sources: Publishers
Publishers: Poisoned Pen Press
ISBN: 1464200874 
ISBN13: 9781464200878







        ♤Nantucket Sawbuck♤


When Nantucket homeowner Preston Lomax is killed in his McMansion, everyone on the island could be a suspect. Lomax lived large, owed money, and the word was spreading he was planning to stiff them all and disappear. Chief of Police Henry Kennis, a newcomer from California, finds himself investigating with help from the State Police. Together they solve the case—or so it appears. But Kennis can’t shake the feeling that they’ve missed something. Kennis soon discovers scandals and intrigues behind the scenes in one of America’s most exclusive resort locations. This glamorous setting hosts an eclectic cast of local characters— oddball journalists, surfing carpenters, drug dealers, wealthy homeowners, and their slacker children. Kennis uncovers a truth that lies somewhere between the bad blood and the good neighbors and realizes that the real answer hits painfully close to home.



          ♤My Thoughts♤


When I requested to do a review on this book I have really high hopes. I thought it would be one of the best books ever. Don't get me wrong the concept of the book was really good. ✔ (check). This was an indeed a good mystery book that I don't regret reading.  Preston getting kilt was a good storyline. It makes you wonder "how did it happen?". "Who did it?" "Why did they do it?" Suspense ✔ (check). This was a well thought of story and the author strives for his best while coming up with this book. I think Axelrod is great at doing what he does best and that is grabbing the readers attention at the beginning of the book ✔ (check).



Now its time for some down falls I had with this book. Punctuations was very much needed, but I really didn't mind because we all make mistakes with our writing. ✘. After the first chapter as was a bit lost and didn't know where the author was going. ✘. I felt as if the book was rushed and needed more time to be published. I mean if I was a author I would like my book to be very pristine and in the best condition. This isn't a ☆☆ review. When I saw the ratings on "Goodreads" I was deeply shocked. Yes, everyone is in titled to their own opinion but I didn't think it was that bad. My question is "If it is a bad book why is there a 2nd book coming out?"


Besides those errors I had a great time reading coming to the ending. "What do you think of this book?" If so share what you know and I hope everyone had a "Happy New Year".


          ♤Steven Axelrod♤
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment