Saturday, February 21, 2015

Book Review: Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting by Tommy Greenwald

Year: © 2015 (February )
My Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
Genre: Middle Grade 
Format: ARC; Paperback 
Sources: Publishers 
Publishers: Roaring Brook Press 
Price: $13.99 US $15.99 CAN 
   




            Blurp*

When a text goes wrong, Katie Friedman learns the hard way that sometimes you need to disconnect to connect. Here are a few things you need to know about Katie Friedman: 1. Katie is swearing off phones for life! (No, seriously. She just sent the wrong text to the wrong person!) 2. She wants to break up with her boyfriend. (Until, that is, he surprises her with front row tickets to her favorite band, Plain Jane. Now what!?) 3. She wants to be a rock star (It’s true. She has a band and everything.) 4. Her best friend is Charlie Joe Jackson. (Yeah, you know the guy.) 5. And most importantly, Katie’s been offered the deal of a lifetime—get ten of her friends to give up their phones for one week and everyone can have backstage passes to Plain Jane. (A whole week!? Is that even possible?)



My Thoughts:


This is a great funny middle grade fast pasting book. I haven't had so much fun reading in a while and I'm glad that I could imagine myself as a kid, loving to read. Katie's personality was just so funny and bold. She just kept me entertained the whole time I was reading. I could hardly stop smiling when I was turing the page because I was just thinking of the next thing she was going to do next. When I read the blurp there was one way I could pass this book up for its great potential it is. She reminded me so much as myself doing all theses crazy things and just a wild goofy personality. This book put me into a place that I didn't know was there. Captain Underpants, Author, Spongebob this book is a combination of theses 3 things that I love.One question I would ask the author is how he came up with such an impeccable story so funny and unique. Elementary school kids this is a must to read for you all. WARNING BE PREPARED TO LAUGH



Tommy Greenwald: 
In addition, Tommy is the author of KATIE FRIEDMAN GIVES UP TEXTING! (AND LIVES TO TELL ABOUT IT), a new book about Charlie Joe's best friend, which will be published by Roaring Brook Press in Feb 2015. His first picture book, HOOKED!, will be published by Roaring Brook in 2016. Tommy is also the Chief Strategy Officer at Spotco Advertising, a theatrical and entertainment advertising agency in New York City, and the lyricist and co-bookwriter (with Andrew Lippa) of JOHN & JEN, a 1995 musical which will be revived off-Broadway in 2015.





Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment