Navigation Menu

Book Review: Search for the Shadow Key (Dreamtreader Book #2) ByWayne Thomas Batson

Year: © 2014
My Rating:
Pages: 313 
Format: Paperback 
Sources: Booklook Bloggers 
Publisher: Thomas Nelson® 





Blurp*
Book #2 in a trilogy from fantasy author Wayne Thomas Batson explores the concept of dreams and their effects on us.
Fourteen-year-old Archer Keaton discovers he has the ability to enter and explore his dreams. He is a "dreamtreader," one of three selected from each generation. Their mission: to protect the waking world from the evil lurking in the Dream.

The Nightmare Lord has been thrown down, but his throne is no longer empty. Rigby Thames has taken up the evil mantle with Kara Windchil as his queen. Now the only living dreamtreader, Archer Keaton finds himself on the outside of two worlds looking in. Dream Walking Inc. is taking the world by storm, allowing Rigby to build an unstoppable empire. Worse still, Rigby has unleashed the Tendrils, shadow people who can cross over into the waking world. As Archer's family and friends begin to disappear, unexpected help comes in the form of the Wind Maiden, a mysterious angelic being who seems to know how Archer can rescue his loved ones and defeat the new Nightmare King. But the cost may prove too dear for Archer to pay.

Steeped in epic fantasy and intrigue, this second book in the Dreamtreaders series teaches kids important Christian values such as being a light in the darkness, resisting temptation, and keeping your faith, even when you feel like you're standing alone.
 


My Thoughts* 

As I read this book I realized that it wasn't the first book in the trilogy. I was a bit dispointed and thought that I was going to spoil myself and not figure out the basic synopsis on what might take place. This wasn't the case. Yes I was sad that I didn't read the first book but I still had a blast reading. The author really knows what he's doing. It was a great middle grade book that I must reread again in the future.




The cover was very smooth and eye catching its what made me give this book a try. Now if your think about reading this book, I would tell you to read the first book and keep up with the characters and the plot that's going on. Speaking of characters my favorite was Archer. You could tell he was scared and created out of his mind because his nightmares were coming alive. I was a bit terrified but I really enjoyed this story and I am liking what I read. If you are looking for a great middle grade spooky story like the famous R. L. Stine you will enjoy this one as much as the "Goosebumps" series's and you will not be disiponted by what you read! Like I said before read the 1st book before jumping to the next. 

0 comments: