Navigation Menu

Blog Tour Book Review: Empty Cup by Suzanne Costigan








Year: © 2014 
Genre: Fiction 
My Rating:⚡⚡⚡⚡/5 
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 167 
Sources: Chapters by Chapters 
Publishers: Rebellight Publishing 



Blurp:

Mom’s new boyfriend is creepy. On the night of her seventeenth birthday, Raven finds out he isn’t just creepy, he’s dangerous. He leaves Raven broken and bleeding, but Mom blames her for what happened. She kicks Raven out of the house with nothing but a blanket to protect her from a frigid winter night. Alone. Devastated. Abandoned. As Raven struggles with the aftermath of the ultimate betrayal, she seeks solace in her imagination and a teacher who seems to understand her situation. She ultimately discovers that her world won’t change if she relies upon someone else to do it. Real change begins within.


My Thoughts: 

Now this book was creapy in ways you wont understand. The plot keptvme wanting to read the story more. At first I didn't think the story was going anywhere but like any good book you have to start off slow and the story gradually becomes me intesnse. Ravens character to me wws a bit like "Bella" from Twilight. Confused and just trying to grasp the reality of whats going on. Raven did struggle a lotvand I liked that because you can always see the characters overcome even the smallest situation life holds for us. Costigan writing was sincere at times and I could really get what she was trying to describe even the simplest of things. I'm recommending this fast pace book about love and honor to you all. I really enjoyed this short read and I promise you suspense will jump at you from miles away. 

The Author:
 I've been writing on and off since elementary school. Writing poetry and short horror stories were my salvation through high school. When my children were toddlers, I dreamed of publishing a picture book. When they were in elementary school, I wrote my first middle grade novel (still needs much editing!) When they became teenagers, I wrote a young adult novel -- Empty Cup -- published in November 2014 by Rebelight Publishing Inc. (www.rebelight.com) By the time I started writing novels, I became very serious about my writing. I took workshops, college courses, correspondence courses, filled my library with "how to write" books (and read them!) and most importantly I applied what I learned. Add to that attending conferences in both Toronto and Saskatchewan annually. I was also a co-founder of two writer's groups focused on writing for children. I immersed myself in the world of writing and editing. When I'm not writing... or rather, what I do while trying to find time to write is parent. My own two a fore mentioned teenagers and I foster parent. So I am surrounded by kids. All. The. Time. And pets. Cats and dogs. Lots of fur... 

0 comments: