Navigation Menu

Blog Tour Book Review: Risen II by Krystal Lawrence








Title: Risen II: The Progeny 
Author: Krystal Lawrence 
Publisher: Telemachus Press 
Pages: 281 
Genre: Horror/Suspense 
Format: Hardcover/Kindle
Blurp

RISEN began the tale of Francis Barclay's return to Alder Lake to avenge the centuries old murder of his family. In this spellbinding sequel, Barclay is determined to save his progeny. When last we left Alder Lake, seven year-old Lorna was waiting patiently by the window for her blood-father's return. Her wait is now over. She has inherited Francis Barclay's luminous glowing eyes as well as his taste for blood. Alder Lake is once again plagued by murder. Only this time, the suspect will surprise everyone! 

 My Thoughts 

Risen II, was such a joy to sit back and read. I really enjoyed it a lot because it did remind me of "Twilight". Vampires are one of my favorite things to read about, so I knew this would be the book for me. The cover was great. Blog dripping down from her arm and here eyes looking directly at the seeking. What more could you ask for. Lawrence had me hooked so much not because of only the plot but her writing style. So vivid. What I also enjoyed was that I didn't have to wait for anything to build up, it got built up by reading a couple of chapters. So if you think this is one of those books that's starts out dry, think again. If you have read "Twilight" or "The Hunger Games" like me, then you know this is the right book for you to enjoy no matter on a hot day, cold day, or rainy day. I didn't think that they had so much in common but I was happy to know that this book, would get my full attention. 


Krystal Lawrence



Krystal Lawrence was born and raised in Southern California, where she was a child actress. In her late teens and early twenties she redirected her creative energy into radio, and hosted a successful talk show in Las Vegas for many years. She is the author of two previous books and numerous short stories. She now lives in Seattle where she is working on her fourth novel, PHONE CALL FROM HELL.  

0 comments: