Navigation Menu

Book Review: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin

Year: © 2015
Genre: Self-Help
My Review:⚡⚡⚡⚡/5
Pages: 298
Format: ARC; Paperback 
Sources: Shelf Awareness
Publishers: Crown Publishing 


Blurp:

Gretchen Rubin's answer: through habits. Habits are the invisible architecture of everyday life. It takes work to make a habit, but once that habit is set, we can harness the energy of habits to build happier, stronger, more productive lives. So if habits are a key to change, then what we really need to know is: How do we change our habits? Better than Before answers that question. It presents a practical, concrete framework to allow readers to understand their habits—and to change them for good. Infused with Rubin’s compelling voice, rigorous research, and easy humor, and packed with vivid stories of lives transformed, Better than Before explains the (sometimes counter-intuitive) core principles of habit formation. 



My Thoughts:
I cannot tell you how much this book has helped me. It really opened my eyes to something bigger that what has now become my life. It has help me rethink some things I say and do to help depict on a healthy will being lifestyle. I am so happy that I got this because a lot of people tell me that self help books might not work for them so I was kind of skeptical if this would help my life. Rubin as a lot in stored for her readers and this boom will not dispoint you. I might just show you how to keep your busy life in one piece and show you that you can do it. I believe that everyone can succeed if you put your mind to it and  this book really showed me that. Give this book a change not only if your confused but just want to learn some helpful ways on helping your live more smoothly.


Gretchen Rubin:
Gretchen Rubin is the author of the blockbuster New York Times bestsellers, Happier at Home and The Happiness Project--accounts of her experiences test-driving the wisdom of the ages, current scientific studies, and lessons from popular culture about how to be happier. On her popular blog, The Happiness Project, www.happiness-project.com, she reports on her daily adventures in the pursuit of happiness. Rubin is an enthusiastic proponent of using technology to engage with readers about ideas, and she has a wide, active following. Not only that--“The Happiness Project” was even an answer on the game-show Jeopardy! A graduate of Yale and Yale Law School, Rubin started her career in law, and she was clerking for Justice Sandra Day O'Connor when she realized she wanted to be a writer. She has written several books, including three novels that are safely locked in a desk drawer. Raised in Kansas City, she lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.
 

0 comments: