Navigation Menu

Blog Tour Book Review: Picnic Provence by Elizabeth Bard


Pages: 354
Genre: Memior
Format: ARC; Publishers 
Sources: Publishers
Publisher: Little, Brown 
My Review: 4.5\5 




Filled with enticing recipes for stuffed zucchini flowers, fig tart and honey & thyme ice cream, Picnic in Provence is the story of everything that happens after the happily ever after: an American learning the tricks of French motherhood, a family finding a new professional passion, and a cook's initiation into classic Provencal cuisine. With wit, humor and scoop of wild strawberry sorbet, Bard reminds us that life-in and out of the kitchen-is a rendez-vous with the unexpected




My Thoughts: 

Looking for a great book gilt with recipes, well this is the book for you. Going back 10 years with the author was great. I never had so much fun reading a memoir in a while and now, I'm hooked on memoirs. I love Paris so I was glad that this book had something to deal with it. Bard takes us readers on a journey of a lifetime that many people should give give a chance and see if the book is for you. If your a fan of trying new foods give this book a chance. I was kind of skeptical if I should read this book because I really don't try new foods, but Bard convinced me to go out of my comfort zone and give food a shot since that ijs my favorite subject to talk about.

The Author: 


Elizabeth Bard is an American journalist based in Paris. She has written about art, travel and digital culture for The New York Times, The International Herald Tribune, Wired, Time Out and The Huffington Post. She makes a mean chocolate soufflé. 

0 comments: