Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Blog Tour Book Review: Save Me by Kristyn Kusek Lewis











                        Save Me 

Daphne Mitchell has always believed in cause and effect, right and wrong, good and bad. The good: her dream job as a doctor; Owen, her childhood sweetheart and now husband; the beautiful farmhouse they're restoring together. In fact, most of her life has been good--until the day Owen comes home early from work to tell her he's fallen head over heels for someone else.

Unable to hate him, but also equally incapable of moving forward, Daphne's life hangs in limbo until the day Owen's new girlfriend sustains near-fatal injuries in a car accident. As Daphne becomes a pillar of support for the devastated Owen, and realizes that reconciliation may lie within her grasp, she has to find out whether forgiveness is possible and decide which path is the right one for her


                     My Thoughts

Save me was a great book, to read in the spring going on summer. I was in the mood for contemporary and that's what I got. I was impressed with how the author had me captivated about what was going to happen. In the first couple of chapters at was a little slow. I really didn't understand if I was going to like the plot or not by reading a few chapters. The characters really didn't stand out to me. They were pretty normal. They didn't really have that significance of being bold and something that I can remember by. Nonetheless I did finish the story and it wasn't all that bad. the authors writing style was okay. It did trip me up sometimes and it was hard to stay focus when the story was this wild and out of sorts. But in my opinion that's what sometimes makes a great read.  


                 Kristyn Kusek Lewis 


I'm the author of SAVE ME (Grand Central, Dec 2014), a novel about two doctors, a tragic accident, and the power of forgiveness, and HOW LUCKY YOU ARE (Grand Central, Sept 2012), a novel about three women and the growing pains of their enduring friendship. How Lucky reached #1 on Barnes & Noble’s Top 100/Bestselling NOOK Books and was a Target Emerging Authors Pick, a Working Mother "Five Best Fall Books" and Parents Magazine "Mom Must-Read." 
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment