Saturday, September 19, 2015

Anchored by Brigitte Quinn

This year, we’re so excited to be traveling with you all summer long as we challenge you to read some phenomenal books. Break the news from NYC during week fifteen of the Summer Reading Challenge in Anchored by Brigitte Quinn.

DESTINATION: BREAK THE NEWS FROM NYC

Anchored OFFICIAL COVER copyWeek of August 10: Anchored by Brigitte Quinn 
Barbara King’s dream is to become the next Barbara Walters.  She has long had one foot out the door of her current job–as an early morning news anchor at the fledgling cable news channel, The Pheonix.  Her plan is to do her time at The Phoenix and move on to something bigger, better, and more Barbara-Walters-like.  But when The Phoenix’s ratings unexpectedly skyrocket after its controversial, no-holds-barred coverage of a major news event, Barbara’s star is poised to rise along with it. But is she willing to trade her journalistic ethics—and her dream—for fame?

 My Thoughts:
Anchored wasn't a bad book but it wans't my favorite. So I don't know how I didn't come to love the book like I did many in the books sparks challenge. I was expecting a little bit more than I bargained for. Yes it did have a great plot but I didn't feel much of a connection with this book as much I wanted it to. Quinn's character was a bit annoying at time and I couldn't really understand her or even relate to her. Yes the plot was okay, but it's not my cup of tea. It was well written and had a lot of hard work dedicated throught the pages but this book was not my liking but the ending made me like the book even more as the story went along and ended. 
The Author: 
BrigitteGouchoe- 18262Final (1)Brigitte Quinn has worked in broadcasting for more than thirty years, and was a television anchor at the Fox News Channel, MSNBC and NBC.  She holds an MFA in writing from Sarah Lawrence College and a BS from Cornell University.  She lives in Connecticut with her husband and three children, and is currently anchoring mornings at 1010 WINS radio in New York City.  You can visit her website at www.brigittequinn.com.



Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment