Navigation Menu

Pieces by Maria Kostaki








PIECES.FINALWeek of June 15: Pieces by Maria Kostaki
At an early age, Sasha is abandoned by her mother in Moscow and forced to move between living with her three grandparents. Five years later, her mother, Anna, comes back promising Sasha a better life in Athens, Greece. Sasha goes with her mother, but finds that she is far from rescued. Trapped between a hostile stepfather and a psychologically harmful mother, Sasha is left looking for affection in her affectionless life.
http://amzn.to/1aVRxrd











My Thoughts:

So this was another great book that Booksparks had me intreged to read. The main storyline was about Sasha. I loved that Sasha's character was believable and she came to life. Its always nice to read books that's I can love because no one is perfect and everyone goes through something in life. The book also had me in tears by how much she had to undergo. Being in uncomfortable positions never feel good. When I went into the book I was not expecting it to like the book so much and thought it was going to be another book that I would give 3 stars by being okay but kind of captivating at some points. This book was actually shared with some of my book club members and they were also heartbroken at what she went through. Some where surprised that Maria was able to hold up all the suspense and never once made it dull and she had them begging for more and wanted to explore more of what she has written. Everything in my eyes was perfect and hit all the bullets for me which a lot of books have been for me.


The Author:



MariaKostakiMaria Kostaki is a native of Moscow, Russia, but has spent most of her adult life on a plane from Athens, Greece to New York City and back. She holds a master’s in journalism from New York University, where she was a recipient of a grant from the Knight Foundation. She has worked as an editor and staff writer for Odyssey magazine in Athens and New York, and her nonfiction has appeared in publications including Elle D├ęcor andInsider Magazine. Her fiction has appeared inFlashquake and Mediterranean Poetry.

0 comments: