Saturday, September 19, 2015

Satisfaction by Andee Reilly

This year, we’re so excited to be traveling with you all summer long as we challenge you to read some phenomenal books. Road trip from L.A. to OK during week sixteen of the Summer Reading Challenge in Satisfaction by Andee Reilly.

DESTINATION: ROAD TRIP FROM L.A. TO OK

SATISFACTION3-2Week of August 17: Satisfaction by Andee Reilly
When 22-year-old Ginny Martin discovers her husband has been cheating on her, she strikes back with the couple’s credit card. Purchasing tickets to every concert on the Rolling Stones North American tour, this devastated suburban housewife packs up the car and takes to the road.  Following the Rolling Stones from Los Angeles to Oklahoma City, Ginny experiences freedom for the first time, while coping with the insecurities and limiting beliefs that had kept this small town girl’s life far too small.
 My Thoughts: 
Can I just say hands down one of my favorite books that caught me eye from the "Summer Reading Challenge". Oh my gosh where do I begin with this book. There is so much twist so much turns I cannot even cover all of they keys details of what makes this book so good. Firstly it was sad to read that her husband had cheated on her but from that point on it just started getting better and better and this was a great book to end off the hot summer and feel a little chill coming along the way. I was also impressed that the author incorporated music in this book which if you know me music has always been a fun and motivating part of my life that I knew me and this book we clearly meant to be. Andee can really captivate an audience with her witty writing style that had me completely falling head over heels for her book. 
The Author:
Andee_ReillyAndee Reilly was born and raised in Los Angeles. She received her MFA in Creative Writing from the University of California, Riverside and teaches literature and writing at California State University, Channel Islands. When not teaching or writing, she can be found surfing the beaches of Southern California and Maui. She fell in love with the Rolling Stones as a teenager, and their music has long served as an inspiration to her writing. Satisfaction is her debut novel.
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment