Navigation Menu

The Legacy of Us by Liz Moretti

  


The Legacy of Us blog tour and discover three generations of women who are connected by love, loss, and a mysterious family heirloom. A story of personal growth and discovering the past, Kristin Contino’s The Legacy of Us is a relatable and intriguing story of a young woman who uses the stories of women before her to navigate difficult changes in her own life. 

Genre: Women’s Fiction 


My Thoughts:

Discovering things about life is the most amazing thing in my opinion. I went in this book thinking that I wouldn't like it as much as I wanted. However my opinion changed. Moretti really has a gift of writing and i cannot get enough. I read this book on a train ride in the city for about 3 hours and I made sure I finished the book. Women's Fiction might seem unexciting to some readers, but I think that you should give this book a shot if your a sucker for some romantic love stories like me. The plot consist of women who have one similar thing in common. The connection of LOVE. This book taught me a lot of growth and open my eyes to how I can view certain situations in life. Pick this book up and dive right into the goodness. I had such a fun filled time reading that I tried not to look away from the book and glue my eyes down the whole ride. 



About The Legacy of Us: Liz Moretti thought she knew almost everything about her grandmother, Ella, from her love of "The Golden Girls" to the perfect pound cake recipe. But when Ella passes away and Liz finds a cameo locket with a marriage proposal engraved inside (from a man who was not her grandfather), she realizes that sometimes a person's secrets are discovered only after they're gone. 

On top of losing Ella, Liz's career as a jewelry designer is stagnant and her love life lacks sparkle, too. When she reconnects with the one who got away, Liz thinks maybe things are finally starting to look up. But after a few drinks and a trip down a flight of stairs, Liz wakes up to realize the cameo is gone. Her ex offers to look for it, but so does Justin, the intriguing new guy in her apartment building. 

While dealing with her feelings for two very different men and generally trying to reinvent her mess of a life, Liz finds answers and solace in Ella's diary. The story of the cameo, and the relationship between her grandmother and great-grandmother, an outspoken socialite from Italy, inspires Liz to grow up and accept responsibility for her missteps. Eventually she must choose between the life she thought she wanted and the promise of something better.

0 comments: