Navigation Menu

The Witch of Bourbon Street by Suzanne Palmieri

This year, we’re so excited to be traveling with you all summer long as we challenge you to read some phenomenal books. Get jazzy in New Orleans during week thirteen of the Summer Reading Challenge in The Witch of Bourbon Street by Suzanne Palmieri Hayes!

DESTINATION: GET JAZZY IN NEW ORLEANS

WITCH OF BOURBON_FinalWeek of July 27: The Witch of Bourbon Street by Suzanne Palmieri
Situated deep in the bayou is the formerly opulent Sorrow Estate. Once home to a magical family, the Sorrows, it now lays in ruins, uninhabited since a series of murders in 1902 shocked the entire community. When Frances Green Sorrow is born, the family is on the brink of obscurity and the last remaining Sorrows cling to the hope that she is the one who will finally resurrect the glory of what once was. The Witch of Bourbon Street is a story of love, family, redemption and forgiveness. It’s a story that bridges the nostalgia of time, and brings those that are separated back together again.
 My Thoughts:
Where can I start with this amazing book of wonder? Well lets starts with the plot. While reading this book I had zero dull moments. I could feel all the emotions and feels that came along. As the discription said this book has nostalgia and it attracted me so much. It was a cute book that I edmired so much because it taught me about love and forgivenes. Yes, at times it can be hard to forgive, but what if you did something wrong and wanted someone to forgive you of what you did to them. Karma does happen and it has showed me to be careful what I say and do. Lets take a moment to also add that that cover is soo.... beautiful. I love the city feeling that the book had and I feel in love. The moral of thr story taught me a lot. If you haven't read this book, START. I cannot rave enough about the book and I cannot wait to see what Ms. Palmieri has instored for me next as a reader.
The AuthorSuzanne Palmieri
Suzanne Palmieri is the author of The Witch of Little Italy and the forthcoming The Witch of Belladonna Bay (May, 2014). She is also the co-author of I’ll Be Seeing You under the name Suzanne Hayes. She lives by the ocean with her husband and three darling witches. She is currently hard at work on her next novel.

0 comments: